Magnolia Solar, Inc. strives to develop and produce low cost, high efficiency, thin film solar cell modules. Our goal is to make strong impact towards green technology.
Magnolia´s thin film solar cells offer - substantially lower cost than crystalline solar cells, use less expensive materials, significant gains in efficiency vs. other thin film cells and modules by application of proprietary nano/micro technologies; and, has the potential for lowest cost/watt solar technology.
At Magnolia Solar, Inc. our main priority is to provide customers and business partners with unparalleled R & D, product development, manufacturing strategy and new generation products in solar cell industry.
Our solar cell solutions address three primary goals:
- Efficiency - Magnolia employs multiple approaches using nano/micro materials processes and a proprietary composite design to a broader spectrum of light energy.
- Cost - Unlike high cost multi-layer triple junction solar cell design, Magnolia technology uses a proprietary inexpensive materials and process to reduce cost per unit power.
- Manufacturing - Our solutions are developed to enable scalable manufacturing strategy at lower cost per unit.
Our leadership, business model and technology defines our success. We strive to assemble a diverse and talented group of associates to drive our business in a thriving solar cell industry. Magnolia leadership is committed to green revolution. Our approach focuses on overall efficiency to deliver renewable, economical, scalable and environmentally safe technology. Magnolia Solar management is guided by the Company's core values of care, integrity, teamwork, commitment and excellence.
Magnolia Solar has a well defined strategic approach that includes:
- Seasoned executive management and technical team
- Extensive industrial experience with advanced degrees
- Key technology development funded by US federal government agencies such as DARPA, DoD, and NASA
- R & D base in Micro and Nano technology for solar cell
- A robust network of technology partners
Magnolia has partnered with CNSE Albany NanoTech to conduct collaborative research in energy technology. CNSE Albany NanoTech Complex is a fully-integrated R & D facility. The access to CNSE center provides Magnolia the strategic support it needs during the initial stages of solar cell research, development and prototyping. Magnolia scientists and engineers take advantage of the state-of-the-art research tools to develop next generation of photovoltaic products. The CNSE support available to Magnolia staff minimizes the need for significant capital investment.
- Evaporation System Evaporation System
- Structural Characterization Structural Characterization
- Optical Characterization Optical Characterization
- Automated Evaporation Automated Evaporation
- Electrical Characterization Electrical Characterization
- Clean Room Clean Room
- Process Fabrication Process Fabrication
- Multi-Target Sputtering System Multi-Target Sputtering System